01/01/2024 - 31/12/2024
from 38 USD
The Harvest Festival, is the ideal time to visit Georgia.
Therefore, our small winery “Wine Trails”, with great pleasure, invites you to join the exclusive “Harvest Festival” tour.
Our winery is more than just a place to enjoy good wine and food. It is a place where people come together to celebrate life and create lasting memories. We produce natural wines using traditional Georgian methods.
Guests will have the opportunity to participate in the fascinating process of winemaking and Chacha-distillation during the harvest festival.
The tour includes culinary classes, where guests can learn to prepare traditional Georgian dishes, adding an impressive cultural element to your experience.
So, let's get started...
Other dates for this tour:
ItineraryDay 1: (D.)- Arrival in Tbilisi.
- Meeting at Tbilisi International Airport and transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free time, without any guided activities. Pre-tour briefing at 18:00 at the hotel. After the briefing, welcome dinner.
- Note – Depending on the international tourist flight used, the hotel may charge an additional fee for early check-in or late check-out.
Day 2: (B.L.WT.BT.) - Tbilisi Sightseeing.
- Today we explore the historical part of Tbilisi with its narrow streets, colorful houses, carved balconies, ancient architectural monuments, sulfur baths and magnificent atmosphere.
This enchanting place exemplifies the wonderful blend of East and West. Our first destination is the Metekhi church (13th century). From here we can enjoy a breathtaking view of the Old Town. Visiting to the Narikala fortress (4th century) and many other attractions. Lunch with traditional Georgian dishes at a local restaurant. During your meal you will also taste local wines.
- After lunch, visit the world famous Sarajishvili Brandy Factory and take the opportunity to try some high-quality Georgian brandy. Later in the afternoon, you can enjoy some relaxation and stroll through the streets of old Tbilisi. Overnight in Tbilisi.
- Note - Your local guide will be able to provide dinner recommendations.
- After breakfast drive east, towards Kakheti. Firstly, you visit the Giuaani Winery, in the village of Manavi. Wine degustation. This will be followed the picturesque hill-town of Sighnaghi (XVIII c) and take a leisurely stroll through this beautiful town, admiring the fabulous views towards the High Caucasus range in the distance. After, drive to village Ikalto, located at the heart of Georgia’s wine-growing regions, close to the town of Telavi. On arrival, you check in to the hotel. A little free time before dinner, with traditional Georgian fare and wine. Overnight at "Chateau Ikalto" (or similar).
- After breakfast, we will visiting our vineyard and you will take part in the grape picking. In the vineyard, we will fry barbecue, taste Georgian cheese, and enjoy our wine. After that, grapes will be taken in our wine cellar. You will have the opportunity to take part in pressing the grapes, you have collected, in the Qvevri - clay jars.
- At the end of the activity Dinner and wine tasting from our, "Wine Trails" collection. Overnight in "Chateau Ikalto" (or similar).
- We will start this day with a visit to Tsinandali, residence (now house-museum) of the most famous noble family, poet and public figure Al. Chavchavadze.
A 19th-century palace (1835), an ornamental garden and a historic winery combining European and centuries-old Georgian winemaking traditions. The highly prized dry white wine “Tsinandali” is still produced here. At this factory you can taste traditional Georgian wines.
Our path continues to the Alaverdi Monastery, a symbol of the heyday of Kakheti culture. Although parts of the monastery date from the 6th century, the current cathedral was built in the 11th century, replacing an older church. The monastery is also famous for its wine made using traditional Georgian technology, known as the Alaverdi Monastery Cellar. Tasting of monastery wines. After lunch in the restaurant next to the monastery, you will have the opportunity to visit the monastery beekeeping farm and learn a lot of interesting things about bees. Try and compare honey from different seasons, and at the end, try honey-vodka prepared by beekeepers.
Transfer to a hotel in "Chateau Ikalto" (or similar). Free time.
- After breakfast at the hotel, drive along a beautiful mountain road towards Stepantsminda.
Our path lies to the Ananuri fortress - a well-preserved complex of buildings from the 16th-18th centuries, the residence of the princes of Aragvi. Ananuri Castle has been proposed to be included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Next we will go through the Cross Pass (located at an altitude of 2379 meters above sea level). There is also an observation deck from which incredible views of the Greater Caucasus open.
- And the end point of our today’s route is Stepantsminda. Ascent to the Gergeti Trinity Church, located near the Stepantsminda, iat an altitude of 2170 m above sea level, at the foot of Mount Mkinvartsveri (5054 m).
Return to Stepantsminda. Hotel accommodation. Free time. In the evening, a culinary master class. During the master class, guests will prepare Georgian national dishes themselves and serve them to everyone.
- Note - the planned visit to the Gergeti Trinity may be carried out early in the morning of the 7th day, depending on weather conditions.
- After breakfast at the hotel, we leave the mountains and go to see one of the important archaeological sites of the ancient period - Dzalisi (2nd century AD).
Our tour continues and we head to the wonderful world of Chateau Mukhrani (1885) to discover the history of the Georgian royal family and breathtaking legends, the aroma of antiquity and charming wines. You have the opportunity to taste some wines and enjoy local snacks.
After the tasting, drive to the city of Mtskheta (UNESCO) - ancient capital and one of the oldest cities in Georgia (8-4 centuries BC). Visiting the historical and cultural sights of the city and the “Jvari” monastery (VI century). Farewell dinner. Overnight in Tbilisi.
- After breakfast, take the funicular up for panoramic views of the city. Then visit the National Museum (closed on Mondays), which provides great context for your tour experience. The rest of the day is spent relaxing, shopping or enjoying a glass of wine in one of the many good cafes or wine shops. If you would like to have dinner this evening, your local guide will make recommendations. Overnight at the hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel. Preparation for departure.
Transfer to the airport.
- Note - You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
- – Breakfast at the hotel. Preparation for departure.
- Transfer to the airport.
Note - You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
Easy 9 day trip, upon the request can organize in any date from 15 of September to 30 October.Included :
- First of all transportation and guide services are provided for your convenience.
- Moreover, Excursions and entrance tickets to museums and wineries are part of the itinerary.
- In addition, all tastings and cooking classes are also included.
- Ladies require skirts and scarves in the Georgian orthodox churches,
- Short trousers are forbidden in the church.
We suggest bring with: sport shoes, depend to weather forecast warm jacket or Raincoat, suntan lotion and hat.Important information:
What You Can Expect:
- Visit 5 different wineries;
- Tasting around 30 different wines;
- Professional Cooking classes;
- Wine and food matching;