01/01/2024 - 30/12/2024
from 70 Gel
Day 1 :
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Our staff will meet you at your hotel;
- Bodbe Convent;
- Explore Signagi;
- Free time;
- 19:00 - Return Tbilisi.
- Price includes :
transportation, guide service, water, Wine tasting from the “Wine trails” collection,Not includes: Services, undefined in the tour. Transport service:
- For the group will offer transport, depending on the group size (by car, minibus or bus).
- Total distance - 250 km
- Transportation time – 3 hours
- Ladies require skirts and scarves in the Georgian orthodox churches,
- Short trousers are forbidden in the church.Attention:
We suggest bring with: sport shoes, depend to weather forecast warm jacket, Raincoat, suntan lotion & hat.
What You Can Expect
- Signagi, surrounded by the 18th-century fortifications wall, is a one of the most popular tourist destination. With picturesque landscapes, pastel houses and narrow, cobblestone streets. Nested among tall Cypress trees, on a steep hillside the Bodbe Monastery is overlooking the Alazani Valley, where it commands views of the Greater Caucasus mountains.
- Build in 9th century monastery, where is the relics shrines of 4th-century female evangelist of Georgians St.Nino, is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia.
- In 1924, the Soviet government closed down the monastery and converted it into a hospital.
- The convent was reopened in 1991, After the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- The architectural complex of Gremi was the capital of the Kakheti kingdom in the 16th and 17th centuries. The walled complex includes a royal citadel, a three-story castle, and a wine cellar.
- The Church of the Archangels with bell tower, was built in 1565, late church was decorated with frescoes in 1577.
- In 1615 this bustling trading city on the Silk Road, was razed to the ground by the Persian troops led by Shah Abbas I.
Tasting of two types of the wine from "Wine trails" collection and snacks.