01/01/2019 - 31/12/2019
from 150 GEL
Day 1 :
Day tour to Davit Gareja monastery complex. Is a short but eventful journey to one of the ancient and important religious sites of Georgia.
Easy day trip, upon the request can organize in any date during the all seasons.
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Our staff will meet you at your hotel.
- John the Baptist Monastery;
- Lavra Monastery sightseeing;
- Free time;
- 19:00 Return to Tbilisi
Compfortable transportation and profesional guide service. One botle water and degustation of wine from the “Wine trails” collection.Not includes: Services, undefined in the tour.
- The type of transport is determined depending on the group size (by car, minibus or bus).
- Total distance - 250 km
- Transportation time – 4,5 hours
- Ladies require skirts and scarves in the Georgian orthodox churches,
- Short trousers are forbidden in the church.Attention:
We suggest bring with: sport shoes, depend to weather forecast warm jacket or Raincoat, as well suntan lotion or hat.
What You Can Expect In the Gareja semi desert are 17 different Monasteries, hundreds of cells, churches, chapels, and living quarters hollowed out of the rock face. John the Baptist Monastery
- Monastery complex and famous for its wall-paintings dated in the 9 th to 13th centuries. The high artistic skill made them an indispensable part of world treasure. As well during the walking tour you can enjoy the view of semi-desert.
- The first rock-hewn monastery complexes, were founded in the 6th c and remained an important center of religious and cultural activity for many centuries. The monastery is an inhabited complex of caves with a courtyard, church and other buildings.
Udabno Monastery, 9th to 13th centuries frescoes
Taste two types of wine and snacks